Tuesday, March 6, 2012

For His Glory


For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to teach. My siblings used to call me 'bossy boots' when we were growing up because I was always telling them where, when, how, and why they should do things! Now i'm learning how it is just important to step back and be taught! My sweet little Kindergartners teach me something new ALL the time. God has blessed me with the opportunity to teach overseas in China. I have 10 students with such different stories! They are from India, Taiwan, Brazil, America, Hong Kong, and Singapore. One of my favorite things about getting to know people is to be able to find common ground that you can relate on. Well, considering my little American girl has never even touched American soil, it is quite a challenge to find common ground with any of these students. It has made for some of the funniest class discussions. For example, I was teaching them about what a front porch is just the other day because all of them live in high rise apartments! Throughout this experience as a whole, I couldn't be more thankful for this job. I look forward to it everyday!

"So, whether you eat of drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

"Deep within us we all know that it is our duty to glorify our Maker by thanking Him for all we have, trusting Him for all we need, and obeying all His revealed will. " -John Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment