Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Humbled

In the words of my pastor, Hollie Miller, it is "only when we humble ourselves can we seet the righteousness of God." This is taken from the passage in 2 Chronicles when the leaders of Israel were humbled during Shishak's invasion. This message was a HUGE wakeup call because I am so quick to recognize pride in others, those in high positions or influential figures in society. All the while....I am "eat up" with pride! Proverbs 6 talks about what the Lord hates, and the very top of the list deals with pride. The first thing that came to my mind when pondering this issue was how Jesus did not hesitate to wash the feet of those who He came in contact with..WOW! This is the Son of God we're talking about....if that doesn't send chills up your spine, I don't know what will. Humble me, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment