Friday, April 30, 2010

Philippines


Let's just cut the fat...I want to go to the Philippines! I had the opportunity to visit Cebu and Manilla (2 major cities in the Philippines) in February of 2008. I spent the spring semester of '08 in China, and this is where I met my friends in the picture below. They were all teaching or doing business in China. They had some time off for the Chinese New Year Holiday, so we came up with a plan. Aurelio-from Brazil, Alex-from the UK, Mikel-from West Virginia, and Jen-from Florida. We had a blast with each other and I keep in touch with each of them til this day!

As I was taking it all in throughout the trip, I was in awe of the beauty of the place, but the poverty was unimaginable. I could not fathom the lifestyle that most lived in on a daily basis. One of thie things I kept telling myself was that "I would never want to come back to teach here" ...isn't it funny how the Lord works??? I keep coming back to it. Who knows when push comes to shove where i'll actually end up, but I want to be willing.... My verse that I love to lean on when I think about foreign missions is this: "So you will summon a nation you do not know, and nations who do not know you will run to you. For the Lord your God, even the Holy One of Israel, has glorified you." Isaiah 55:5

No comments:

Post a Comment